7.13.2010

The Barranca

Jared called the ravine across the street a "barranca." I told him that he can't just go around making up words.
To my surprise I found that barranca is actually legit

Courtesy of Merriam-Webster:

Barranca
plural - Barrancos
1
: a deep gully or arroyo with steep sides
2
: a steep bank or bluff

Now I use the word all the time because it sounds cool.
barranca.
barranca.
barranca.


Sadly, yesterday the barranca caught fire.

The entire mountainside is now ashes.

I just know it was some stupid teenager trying to rebel by smoking pot in the back country of wholesome Camarillo, California. There are always these tweens parking in front of our house then hiking up the barranca to play"I'll show you mine if you show me yours". gross.


On second thought, it could have been one of the various homeless people that camp up there from time to time.