10.08.2010

Maple Pee

A couple days ago I woke up to my bathroom and bedroom smelling like maple syrup and pee. The only logical conclusion was that I was peeing maple syrup at night.

I remembered that I once heard someone saying if you smell like maple syrup then you might have diabetes. After 2 hours of intense WebMD research I figured I probably didn't have diabetes. Good thing because I do not want to spend my Sephora budget on insulin.

Then..... the next morning I smelt it again! I am obsessed with the way things smell and do not want my house smelling like a diabetic urinater lives there. I had to get to the bottom of this.

I asked Jared if he could smell it. He mentioned that he just thought I was on an eggo waffle binge again.

But then
....he remembered that the girl who rents our basement apartment burns candles 24 hours a day. We called her and asked her if we could go turn her candle off. Jared went around to her door and blew out her pear-maple-pee-spice candle.

Then my house smelled normal again. amen.