AND my dad surprised us by showing up a few days before my mom left to meet the baby. He wasn't going to come to California but showed up at my house at 1 in the morning. I love being my parents favorite child.
I would have been a raging mess without my mom. I have been a nanny, worked with kids a lot and am the second oldest of 7 kids. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how to wrangle a baby. Turns out I lacked the special tricks mom's know.
- Babies like to be sung to, even if you suck at singing.
- Don't use cold water to wash them
- Wash the butt last.
- Tuck the wienie down.
- Eat a ton of food so you have giant monster tits to breastfeed with.
- Breast pads can double as coasters.
- Treat poop stains immediately or your baby will be wearing yellow-tinged clothing.
- Resign yourself to the fact that you are going to be changing diapers 10 to 567 times a day.
She even spent Mother's day taking care of me and my sweet little old man pee-baby. Dang I'm lucky.