Friday, May 13, 2011

My Mom is Better Than Your Mom: Part II

My mom flew out from Salt Lake City and spent 2 weeks with me after I had the baby. Like I said, my mom is WAY better than your mom. Actually my mom could totally beat your mom up.

AND my dad surprised us by showing up a few days before my mom left to meet the baby. He wasn't going to come to California but showed up at my house at 1 in the morning. I love being my parents favorite child.

I would have been a raging mess without my mom. I have been a nanny, worked with kids a lot and am the second oldest of 7 kids. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how to wrangle a baby. Turns out I lacked the special tricks mom's know.

  • Babies like to be sung to, even if you suck at singing.
  • Don't use cold water to wash them
  • Wash the butt last.
  • Tuck the wienie down.
  • Eat a ton of food so you have giant monster tits to breastfeed with.
  • Breast pads can double as coasters.
  • Treat poop stains immediately or your baby will be wearing yellow-tinged clothing.
  • Resign yourself to the fact that you are going to be changing diapers 10 to 567 times a day.

She even spent Mother's day taking care of me and my sweet little old man pee-baby. Dang I'm lucky.

1 comment:

  1. You sweet little girl! You're a great mom and have taken to motherhood quite naturally! I'm very proud of you, and I love to watch Ryan smile at you when you talk to him. He smiles WAY too much for anyone to ever convince me that it's just gas. He just loves his mom!
    And you are definately my favorite Emily, Jared and Ryan ever!!!! I'm excited to see you next week. Give that cute little baby a big hug and grandma kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...