12.04.2012

Ice Kingdom Rip Off

I like Christmas more than I like making fun of my family.

I was giddy as we drove down to Long Beach to go to this:



This is how their website describes it:

THE ICE KINGDOM

Step inside our frozen igloo and immerse yourself in an enchanting world of ice. The Ice Kingdom is a dazzling 13,000 square foot winter wonderland handmade entirely out of ice. Featuring over 2 million pounds of ice, each exhibit is meticulously created by an international team of expert ice sculptors and enhanced with stunning lights and colors for a visually captivating experience unlike any other. 

How frieking rad does that sound?
 
They are liars.
The description should have read:

THE ICE KINGDOM

20 ice sculptures in a medium size tent. It is kind of cool but definitely not $25 worth of cool.  





 It was FREEZING in the Ice Kingdom... which would make sense.....
This was the coldest I have ever been in Southern California.


Ryan face planted every time he tried to escape my arms.


Pee-Baby is not happy in this picture. His face is frozen into a smile.


What a wholesome young couple. 


I secretly wanted to kick an ice sculpture over because I get pissed when I feel ripped off.  
I have angry eyebrows in this picture, but my hat is covering them.


Afterwards we let Ryan run around and splash in the puddles. He had a ton of fun and we didn't have to pay a $25 admission fee.




At least Ryan kept his pants on the whole time. So, overall, it was a good day.
amen.