9.02.2015

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?


I worked with kids a lot before I had my own. I knew how annoying they could be. I knew they asked "Why?" all the time. But I also knew that my children would be awesome and never annoy me.





I promised myself and my future kids that I would always answer that question.
I wanted to foster my child's curiosity. Explain everything I could, which isn't much, but still.

I was going to be the most patient mom ever, in the entire universe.




As soon as Ryan could talk he began Why-ing? me.


  • Why can't I play with my gum on the carpet?
  •  
  • Why can't you just clean it up when I'm done?

  •  Why are our volcanoes so crappy?



  • Why is that girl showing everyone her boobs?

  • Why did *John's mom get surgery on her boobs?
  • *names have been changed to protect the surgically enhanced.
  •  
  • Why do we have to keep baby Tyler?

  • Why can't I live with Jackson and Aiden?





  • Why do cars have windows?

  • Why do spiders spin webs?

  • Why do you think I'm annoying?

And so on.

I valiantly answered each one of his questions once he started asking me.

Now I'm FREAKING OUT! It's soooo obnoxious. He harasses me all day long.
What should I do? Do other mom's seriously answer these questions all the time? Should I get a restraining order?

My current plan of action is whenever he asks "Why?" and I don't feel like answering, I just say "yes."

Why do monkeys show their privates? Yes.
Why can't I ride my bike in the street? Yes.
Why do I have to go to bed when it's light outside? Yes.
Why do you say I cry too much? Yes.





So far he is not happy about my new tactics.