- I must be able to wear my normal clothes......I hate uniforms
- My supervisor must not be a power tripping 20-something year old
- I have to be able to use the job as a "paid internship" for my last class this semester, there is now way I'm volunteering when I can get paid
- Schedules must be flexible
- The work itself must help the community so I can earn karma points (while getting paid)
The next day I was offered the job. I'm sure that the guy could tell that I could totally take a kick in the face from a 14 year old. I was stoked about this job and couldn't wait to brag to my class that I would be getting paid for my internship.
A few days later The Boys and Girls Club called me. I interviewed with them about a month ago and hadn't heard anything back. They offered me a job as an after school program coordinator.
Now I'm in a bind. Which one should I accept?
7 min from home
By the beach
Can use for Intership
24-hour fitness gym pass
Get kicked in face
Crazy hours – have to work until 10pm every night
Will only see Jared on Sunday and Monday night
Have to witness effects of child abuse without hunting the perpetrator down and breaking their kneecaps.
Will learn more Spanish
Can use for internship
Plan all activities
Use lessons plans to teach kids that drugs and gang banging are bad, mmmmkay.
No kicks to the face
Can see Jared every night
Supervisor looks like Telemundo Soap Opera Star
25 min from home
Doesn’t look as good on Resume
Have to wear a club t-shirt
I bet this guy has some good advice.