Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bad Decisions and a Pumice Stone


Have you ever heard of the old advice that you should toughen your nipples in preparation for breastfeeding?
I have.
And from about 15 different breastfeeding moms.
Most say you can just use a washcloth to rub your nips.

I wash my boobs everyday so I wasn't convinced that using a washcloth would help me achieve the tough nipples I was hoping for.

So.... I was showering and spotted my pumice stone on the shelf. It was new so I figured it would be perfect for nipple toughening.

Bad decision. amen.

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter what you do, it's still going to be painful for about a week when you first nurse. After that the pain should go away completely as long as your baby is latched on correctly. Lanolin works wonders for sore nipples. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't really, did you? I am so sad I'm not there to laugh at you!!!!!

    I agree with your friend Annalyn. Be diligent about making sure he latches right and you should be just fine. That 1st week you may need to remind yourself of all the money you are saving to get you through the pain. Good luck. I can't wait for this baby to come. you better call me!!!!!!

    PS I got your card in the mail today. Thanks! It was my first piece of mail :0)

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...