4.15.2011

Pregnant at the BGClub

Being pregnant at the Boys and Girls Club has been interesting. Most of these kids watch too much T.V. and/or have older brothers and sisters that fill them in on life's mysteries.

Some questions the first graders have recently asked:


Question: What are those red things all over your face? They look a little gross.

Answer: Zits, Jaun. They are zits. Sit down and be quiet.


Q: Are you going to tell your baby to sit down and be quiet when it cries?
A: Actually......Yes


Q: Does milk come out of your boobs?

A: Ask your mom

Q: What if you were going poo and the baby fell out? (obviously asked by FRANK)
A: If you only
knew..... ask your mom

Q: Would Jared be mad if the baby came out black? My auntie's baby was black and her boyfriend was really mad.

A: Yes, Jared would be mad.


Q: Why does your belly look like a basketball? Can we play with it during free time?

A: Get your Cheeto hands off my stomach.

Q: What if your baby is annoying like Kristina?

A: Don't ever say that again.

Q: Why do you have an outie bellybutton? Can we put tape on it? It looks like it's always looking at us.
A: It is looking at you...

And how could I forget this gem of a conversation?

Kid: I know how your baby got in there......
Me: No you don't.

Kid: yeah I do.
Me: Fine. How?

Kid: S-E-X.

Me: ........ ask your mom.



My last day of work was yesterday. Bittersweet.
Considering I am 38 weeks pregnant I figured I should gracefully bow out now while I don't have body fluids coming out everywhere. I do not want to field questions about amniotic fluid or colostrum.
amen.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is really scary. I can't believe they would leave all those little kids unsupervised like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily you are the smallest prego ever and most gorgeous mommy to be!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.