6.16.2016

Fasionable Pictures of Myself From The 1990's


I don't know how wise it is to post these pictures.

Now they will be available for anyone to blackmail me with.
Plus, I'm probably going to attract a lot of stalkers because of how incredible I look.

Thankfully, I am not burdened with wisdom.


I re-found these photos last week and cannot believe how stylish and good looking I was a kid.

I wonder what my mom was thinking when she bought me this catastrophe of a dress. Was she mad at me that day? Was I being punished? We may never know.




Look at this fine young specimen of a 4th grader.




That bow on top of my head would have been cute if I was 6 months old.
I remember this day well. It was my first day of 4th grade at a new school.

I thought I looked so awesome, and I was right.

I had picked this outfit out myself and styled it with a chic black belt so my shorts would stay up as high as possible. I did my own hair and hair-sprayed my home-permed hair thoroughly because I wanted to look this good even after recess.



I bet you never thought I was such a cool kid.




My pose here says, "I may have stole this shirt from my brother but I know I'm looking hot, and by the way, I have an attitude."

These cool contemporary backdrop pictures were not included with the normal school pictures.

I begged my parents to buy them since I thought I looked so awesome/radical. They bought them for me because I think they felt bad about the red polka dot dress.

I cut up the photos into the little individual squares, wrote personalized notes on the back, and handed them out to literally everyone I knew.

I was pretty satisfied with myself and looking back, I can see why.


Then I pulled out this treasure:




DAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG.

This picture is majestic.

Notice, if you will:

1. Large bow in my crunchy permed hair.

2. My bangs combed to the side because I was too cool for bangs that day.

3. Necklace made from a rolled up bandana and painted wood pieces from Micheal's.

4. FANNY PACK.

5. Fashion-forward modeling pose to show how cultured I am.

I even wrote on the back of this picture  -  You in you moddiling stage!  -  like I knew my 32 year old self would find it one day and wonder what was going on and why I was such a good model.






I hate myself so bad right now.








3 comments:

  1. lol the 80s and 90s were cruel, my pictures are basically identical. Although I do kind of wish the fanny pack would come back... it was convenient... and now as a mom I bet it'd be life changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart has fanny packs for less than 10 bucks. They are in the camping aisle. I may or may not have just bought one.... and it IS quite handy. ;)

      Delete
  2. YOU PICKED OUT THAT RED POLKA DOT DRESS! :) I thought it was lovely. Just like you modeling pose. (Yes, you modeling pose). My question though is why are you taking all my pictures?????

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.