3.27.2013

Hoarding Pee

Have you ever heard the toilet philosophy:

If It's Yellow Let if Mellow. If It's Brown Flush It Down?



It's a water saving technique I instituted in my house about 4-5 years ago.

Basically, if you pee you leave it in the toilet to chill out. Then you pee in the same toilet a few more times before you actually flush. A little gross, I know.
If you happen to find something brown in your toilet, feel free to immediately flush it.

I'm not a super-environmentalist but I do a what I can to reduce my carbon footprint. Saving my pee up in the toilet is just one easy way I can help save the planet. Oh yeah, I also bring my own reusable bags to the grocery store and recycle.
I suddenly feel extra smug.... it comes naturally when you think you are better/greener than everyone else.

 It's hard to believe but there is a downside to urine hoarding.

One time, Jared's uncle showed up to see our newly remodeled bathroom without an invite. I hate when people just show up at my house unannounced.

Of course our pee soup was simmering in the pot.
I felt so vulnerable as we showed him around and noticed my homemade lemonade was floating in our new toilet.
Although my whiz was visible, it looked a lot classier since we put new travertine floors in.

So do me a favor, let me know before you come to my house so I can flush. K? Thanks.


Ultimately, whatever you do privately in your underpants is your own business. amen.