I have a few friends who are having babies.
Of course I already bought them the cutest/littlest clothes I could find, but I wanted to get them something else too.
I was too lazy to sufficiently pack a hospital bag when I had Ryan. I ended up being there for 4 days and all I had was a couple of books, bubble gum, and some lip gloss.
While my friends are probably more prepared than I was, I thought it would be cool to get them some stupid stuff for their hospital bag that they probably wouldn't buy themselves.
Most of my idea's are pretty inappropriate, so I was pretty proud of myself for this.
I got the cute bag at Victoria's Secret and added (from top left):
- Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo - in case your hair is nasty.
- Evian Mineral Water Hydrating Spray - in case you need a refresher during labor, or in case you feel like wasting overpriced water on your face.
- Bath and Body Works Hand Lotion - you don't want to be holding your new baby with sandpaper hands.
- Colgate Wisp Disposable Teeth Cleaners - no one likes after-birth breath or walking 4 feet to the bathroom to fix it.
- Wet Ones Anti-Bacterial Wipes - once again, it's a waste to take that 4 foot walk to the bathroom just to wash your hands.
- Stretchy Headbands - So you don't look like a complete mess during your hospital stay.
- Deodorant - because the human body is disgusting.
- Victoria's Secret Lipgloss - because it is delicious and can also double as nipple balm if you don't mind glittery nips.
- Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer - because hospitals are disgusting.
- Mouthwash - nothing is better than a clean mouth.... except maybe your new baby.
- Victoria's Secret Compact Mirror - in hindsight, this probably isn't that good of an idea.
Pretty good idea right?
The only things I should have added were bubblegum and 18 years worth of SD cards for their cameras. Well that, or 18 years worth of Valium.... amen.