8.01.2016

Chucky 2.0



I have been heartbroken the last couple of days.
I even cried, and I rarely cry because I'm not a little wussy. .

Jared's Grandma, Annette, passed away July 28.
She is one of the most influential people in my life.

I am working on a post about her because she is an amazing human being.
I'll post it as soon as I feel my sub-par writing abilities can express what she meant to me and our entire family.

Either way, I'm sad, Jared is sad, and Ryan is crushed.

So, we adopted a cat.




Kittens make things better.

My kids automatically started calling him Chucky, the same name as our previous cat. They think all cats are named Chucky so I just went with it.




Companion animals are so freaking awesome.
They are so innocent and eager to love and sometimes have poop accidents. Just like children.
Which is why animals and kids are my favorite ever.

We were heading to the animal shelter in Murray, UT and stopped at PETCO to buy cat supplies.

I buy food and litter from Costco because if I can save $3.42 I will do it.

We went to PETCO to buy cat shampoo because I am an awful person who bathes their cat. I'm not about to have a filthy cat running through my clean house.

As we were leaving, Ogden Animal Services walked in with a butt-load of cats ready to be adopted.
I really didn't want to drive to Murray because lazy.
It was perfect timing.


Ryan, Tyler, and I held all the small kittens to gauge their temperament and how well they reacted to a sudden onslaught of harassment from a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old.




I didn't care what the cat looked like, I just wanted it to be cuddly, friendly, and litter box trained.

All the kittens were so cute and I believe if they really work hard, say their prayers, and stand in holy places, then they will get adopted too.

We held a little cat with cute orange/white fur.

This freaking cat let Tyler pull his eyes open and poke his eyeballs.
 The cat also let my boys pull his tail up numerous times so they could look at the butthole and laugh manically.

The kitten didn't even run away.




After that, a warm spirit filled my heart and I knew this was the cat meant for us. Amen.