Friday, December 21, 2012

Stan the Tree Ornament

A few years ago I made my mom some dumb little ornaments for Christmas.
I saw some at Anthropologie and thought it would be easy enough to copy.




They turned out like a 5 year old's first sewing project.
I was frustrated and decided to make my mom something awesome to make up for my lame felt houses and the too-trendy owl.


Meet Stan.


Isn't he precious? 

I suspect Stan is quite the voyeur. Every time I am in the room with him, I can feel his beady little eyes staring at me.  But in a cute way... not the creepy way.


Every year he straddles a branch on one of my parent's trees.

 This year my dad gave me $200 to decorate one of the other trees. It was fun letting my inner Martha Stewart out..... especially since I didn't have to pay for it.



 It has been snowing while I've been here in Utah and I am stoked. I like snow as much as I like lipgloss.



  I should totally open up an etsy shop to sell Stan ornaments, right?



4 comments:

  1. I know you've been living in California for awhile, but when you take your baby outside, you probably should put a coat on him. And when your friend's kid is abusing your baby, you probably should leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you have snow! I'm in Bountiful and we have NOTHING.

    I HATE how miserably cold it's been.. if it's going to be cold enough to freeze someone's tits off, it might as well just snow.

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...