12.21.2012

Stan the Tree Ornament

A few years ago I made my mom some dumb little ornaments for Christmas.
I saw some at Anthropologie and thought it would be easy enough to copy.




They turned out like a 5 year old's first sewing project.
I was frustrated and decided to make my mom something awesome to make up for my lame felt houses and the too-trendy owl.


Meet Stan.


Isn't he precious? 

I suspect Stan is quite the voyeur. Every time I am in the room with him, I can feel his beady little eyes staring at me.  But in a cute way... not the creepy way.


Every year he straddles a branch on one of my parent's trees.

 This year my dad gave me $200 to decorate one of the other trees. It was fun letting my inner Martha Stewart out..... especially since I didn't have to pay for it.



 It has been snowing while I've been here in Utah and I am stoked. I like snow as much as I like lipgloss.



  I should totally open up an etsy shop to sell Stan ornaments, right?