Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Candy Threats


I am no stranger to finding questionable things on my front porch.
Remember this nausea-inducing Potato Bug? What about the Butt/Wiener vase?

That all happened in California.
Things have been a little slower here in Utah.

Well, last week I was surprised/stoked to find a little something on my door step.





It was a sheet of paper with a drawing of a piece of candy on the front.

Kind of cute, right?

Then I open it up to find this:





Please give us 3 candys NOW!

Leave it on your frouik Porch.
List of things you can give
us:

snickers
twix
chips
oreos

from ?


I don't know who wrote it but I do know:

  • it was from more than one person.
  • those persons are kids.
  • they don't know that chips technically aren't candy.
  • they know about my emergency preparedness candy stash.
  • that their capitalization of the word "NOW" means business.
  • and that I'm even more concerned by their use of proper punctuation.


I wasn't about to wait around for something crazy to happen.

I gathered a reasonable offering of Starbursts and Pop Rocks from my candy cupboard (yes, I have an entire kitchen cabinet just for candy, don't judge me, you don't know me).
I knew the perpetrators were likely watching from a distance so I walked out slowly with my hands up where they could see them. My heart was beating fast.
I placed the candy carefully on my porch, exactly as they had demanded, and steadily backed up into my house. 



I creepily watched from my window to see who would come gather the candy, but after 3 minutes I got super bored so I left and watched the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. 

I am so glad I had the emergency stockpile of candy because if threatening letters from middle-class white kids isn't an emergency, then I don't know what is.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Now I know what to do if I need candy and don't want to go to the store! Haha I seriously love how fun you are! And that kids knew they could count on you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a cabinet dedicated for candy? Just one more reason you are my spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...