8.13.2013

Smell-A-Thon

I am getting old. I accept it.

5 years ago I had to get glasses.
2 years ago I started to go deaf.

But, what I don't understand is the older I get, the more acute my sense of smell is.


Smell is the worst of the 5 senses. THE WORST.
When I'm pregnant, my nose becomes a precision radar.

I can smell Ryan's dirty diapers BEFORE he actually drops a deuce.
I know what my neighbors are having for dinner.
And, I can tell when a dog is within 50 yards of me.

BUT, I cannot drive without glasses/contacts or hear Jared when he talks to me from another room, and I say "What????" 129 times a day.

It's a painful existence.


Trading useful senses (vision and hearing) for super smelling power, is the worst tradeoff ever.
I should at least be compensated with a growth spurt in my boobal region.





1 comment:

  1. when I'm pregnant my hearing is multiplied by one million percent. so i can actually hear jared telling you to shut up and stop whining all the way from my house

    ReplyDelete

Speak with your heart or your private parts, either one is fine with me.